Thursday, December 7, 2017

Off the Rails Scrapbooking

Hello Scrappy Friends

I am up with a Art Journal Tutorial on Off the Rails Scrapbooking today, using some pages from an old telephone book!
I have saved our old phonebook from the recyclers as I am tempted to make it into an art journal, but I have yet to make a start on that.  So...in the mean time, I have decided to use some of the pages in my art journal.

I gathered my supplies:  Gel Medium, Dylusions Ink Spray, White Gesso, Hero Arts Black Ink, Hero Arts Rubber stamp - Number Pattern, Crackled Texture Paste, Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture paste and Kaisercraft Script stencil, along with enough torn strips from the phone book to cover the art journal page.



I took the torn strips and glued them onto the page using the Gel Medium.  I then gessoed the page to protect it from the wet medium to come.  I took some more phone book pages and randomly stamped on the edges of those, using a piece of watercolour paper as a craft mat.  I wanted to use the paper to punch some circles, and I wanted the random numbers stamped on the paper.  I then tore the stamped phone book pages into various sized strips, and punched different sized circles from the watercolour paper.







Next I laid the stamped strips vertically and horizontally in the top left and bottom right corners of my journal page, again gluing them down with Gel Medium.  I then added the various sized circles.

When all this was dry, I clamped the Kaisercraft stencil to my page and used the Crackled Texture paste, randomly through the stencil, and then went over that in places with the Sparkle Texture Paste




The fun starts when the texture pastes are dry.  Add your wet medium,  I used Dylusions Ink Spray in Vibrant Turquoise sprayed water to get the ink running.  Continue until you are happy with the result.  When dry, I added some ink splatters and some circles made with the ink spray lid dipped in the ink, and finish off with some word or phrase stickers.








Doesn't the vibrant colour really look great with the crackled and sparkle paste?

The finished project:


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  See you all next time



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx