Saturday, October 7, 2017

Off the Rails Scrapbooking Tutorial

Hello Scrappy Friends

I am up on the Off the Rails Scrapbooking blog today with a tutorial for you all - my first as a Design Team member.

Please be kind to me :)

Have you ever wondered what to do with the boxes the Prima flowers come in?
























Well, why not turn it into a photo frame?

Gather your supplies, and make sure you have enough depth to cover the descriptions and other writing on the box if you dont want it to show.  Not shown in the photo are the rolls of washi tape and also the Prima flowers I used and as the project went on, I found other stash items to add to the frame.


















Take a piece of patterned paper or cardstock and place in behind the opening as a mat for you photo.
























Now the fun starts.  I used various washi tapes to cover the outer edges of the frame.  I also took a piece of Mixed Media Art tape, sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio in Plumeria Pink and used that across the top.

I then added a couple of chipboard frames from the CVS Wild at Heart collection, and before adhering the top one I place half a doily behind it.  I took a rubber banner and adhered that on the bottom. I placed some of the Wild at Heart ephemera diecuts randomly around the frame.  I then added some of the Prima flowers





















I took a diecut butterfly that I received in a kit, and added some pink Liquid Pearls as accents on its body.  I finished the layout off with some Club Green Pink Pearls with diamentes and two bows from a kit I have had sitting around waiting to use.

I tied some ombre ribbon to the top frame, and bobs you uncle, a photo frame!!  This will make a wonderful gift for a friend.





















































Thanks so very much for stopping by today.  I do hope I was able to inspire you to use up some packaging

Deb xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx