Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Scrap Matrix Guest Designer Reveal

Hello Scrappy Friends

My second layout as a Guest Designer for Scrap Matrix is up on the blog.

Hello Scrap Matrix Friends, Deb here with my second layout featuring the fabulous 7 Dots Studio Dreamscapes. Even after this layout I still have plenty of product left to keep creating with.






I started with a black and white photo of my hubby taken on our Sydney Harbour lunch cruise in May. Although it was a tad overcast and a bit windy, it was still an enjoyable afternoon cruising around Sydney Harbour, and with a window seat to boot!
Anyhow, onto my layout.
I used a piece of 7 Dots Studio Dreamscapes Twinkle as my base. I then cut 2 strips each from the 9mm and Sunrise papers.
I took some tags from the 12x12 Tag sheet, and some of the diecuts from the Elements 6x12 sheet and edged all of these with my Dylusions Black Marble Paint pen. On a side note, if anyone has any tips on how to keep the paint flowing nicely through this pen please let me know! I added some pearl brads onto the tags.
I cut 2 seed heads from the FabScraps Botanic Flowers chipboard set, and using my Prima Metallic Accent Semi Watercolour paints (Supernova) I painted the seed heads as well as my title alpha’s taken from the Alphabet #1 set. When dry I used the paint pen to add detail to the seed heads, to make then stand out a bit from the background.
 I cut down the sheet of Sunrise (B side), and outlined this as well. Before adhering to the background piece, I wound the cotton string, Renaissance Black German embossed trim, and a piece of washi from my stash across the middle of the Sunrise paper. I then splashed to my hearts content the Prima Supernova and black paint pen.




When I was happy with the details on the background, I started to assemble my layout.




It came together quite easily – for me When I had the elements in place to my liking on the background, I placed some craft foam under my photo and adhered it to the background. From there I added the seed heads and title alphas, along with some of the absolutely yummy Ayeeda Gold Glitter Ink and…my layout was complete.

Here are some close-ups:







Why not head on over to the blog and check out what the regular extraordinarily talented gals did with the 7 Dots challenge.

You will be amazed!!

Thanks for stopping by today, please let me know what you think

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx